Logo Parallel
Back to top

Parallel Card FAQ’s

How do I receive a card?

To sign up, go to www.parallelcard.com.

What do I do when I receive my card?

When you receive your card, activate it by following the activation instructions and other steps that are on the materials that are in your card package.

How do I check my account balance?

To check your balance at no charge, log onto your app or go to /www.parallelcard.com. You can access your balance, deposits, and transaction history from this website or the mobile application. You can also call (855) 398-6420 for your balance.

How do I get a replacement card if mine has been lost or stolen?
Call (855) 398-6420 to get a card replacement. You can access your available funds from your new card.

Can my prepaid card be used online?
Yes, your card can be used anywhere Mastercard® debit cards are accepted – online, in stores, and over the phone as designated by your term of use. TransferMex reserves the right to restrict your usage by merchant categories. You may need to use your address of record for your card during some of these transactions.

Can I use this card at an ATM or get cash back?
Yes, this card has cash access

How do I pay for gas?

When using your card, we recommend you pay inside and not at the pump. Why? Your type of card, when paying at the pump will most often hold funds greater than your gas purchase. To avoid this hold, pay the cashier inside the amount you wish to pump.

Why was my transaction declined?
If your transaction was declined and you’re not sure why, please see below for possible reasons:

  •  - Inactive card
  •  - Card has been reported as lost or stolen
  •  - Card has expired
  •  - Insufficient funds
  •  - Exceeded limits for withdrawals or expense
  •  - Incorrect entry of card information
  •  - Blocked country or merchant
  •  - Suspected fraud

Inactive Card

You may need to activate your card. To activate your card, follow these steps:

1. Go to the website /www.parallelcard.com
2. Access the menu item on the website and click on your card
    a. Select Activate Card
    b. Follow the prompts

If necessary, you can also call (855) 398-6420 to begin the card activation process.

Lost or Stolen Card

Report your card lost or stolen by calling (855) 398-6420. If you find the previous card that was marked as lost/stolen, attempted card transactions will be declined.

Expired Card

Please check the expiration date on your card. Your card may have expired. If you were issued a replacement card, try your transaction again using that card. If you don’t, you can request a new or replacement by calling (855) 398-6420.

Insufficient Funds

Always check your available balance prior to using your card. If you do not have enough funds available in your card account to complete your transaction, the transaction will be declined.

Exceed Limits

Your transactions will decline when you exceed the spending or withdrawal limit on your card. Please see the limits in your Cardholder Agreement.

Incorrect CVV

Your transaction can decline when you enter the CVV incorrectly. You can retry your transaction, just make sure to enter the correct three-digit number located on the back of the card (just to the right of the signature box).

Incorrect Expiration Date

It’s possible your transaction was declined because you entered the wrong expiration date. For your next card transaction, be sure to use the expiration date listed on your card.

Incorrect Billing Address

Enter the billing address associated with your card account.

Blocked Country or Merchant

This transaction was declined because your card was used at a merchant or in a country that is not currently accepted. These blocks cannot be changed.

Suspected Fraud

Sometimes transactions are blocked in order to protect your card.

Can I use my card outside of the United States of America?

You can use your card anywhere Mastercard is accepted (except in the blocked countries listed below) and/or as designated by TransferMex.

While traveling, keep in mind that you won’t be able to use your card in the following countries:
  • Albania
  • Belarus
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Burundi
  • Central African Republic
  • Democratic Republic of Congo
  • Croatia
  • Cuba
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • North Korea
  • Kosovo
  • Laos
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Macedonia
  • Montenegro
  • Nicaragua
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Somalia
  • South Sudan
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Ukraine
  • Venezuela
  • Yemen
  • Zimbabwe

How do I dispute a charge from a merchant?

Contact Customer Service via our toll-free number (855) 398-6420 to file a dispute. Note: You will need to properly identify yourself and provide specific information about the transaction to start the dispute process. Please remember to contact the merchant first to try to work out any disputes before filing a dispute

Back to top